City awards paving contract
Southeastern Asphalt of East Flat Rock won the low bid for nine paving projects this summer in Hendersonville.
Southeastern bid $443,779.97 followed by Tarheel Paving at $476,902. The high bidder was JLS Company, which submitted a price of $698,873.
Construction should start by mid-July and is scheduled to be completed within 60 days, weather permitting. The work covers 1.85 miles of paving and 1.2 miles of grinding down streets to below curb and gutter and repaving.
Streets to be resurfaced are:
- Fifth Avenue from Oak to Fleming
- Buncombe from Fifth Avenue to Fourth Avenue
- Washington from Fifth Avenue to First Avenue
- First Avenue from Washington to Grove
- Second Avenue from Washington to King
- Grove from First Avenue to Fourth Avenue
- Caswell from Church to Main
- Seventh Avenue from Grove to Maple
- Lincoln Circle beginning at Ray Avenue
If there are funds left over in the 2014 resurfacing budget, additional streets will be considered for resurfacing.