May 28's Weather
HI: 79.9 LOW: 59.3
Full Forecast via Forecast.io
The Henderson County Chamber of Commerce recognized fast-growing startups and existing companies with its Blue Ridge Business Growth Awards Monday evening, the kickoff to Small Business Week.
The chamber's Small Business Committee honored four new businesses with Rising Star Awards and 12 existing businesses with Blue Ridge Business Growth Awards.
Rising Star Awards went to:
• Horizon Heating and Air Conditioning LLC. Established in 2010, Horizon provides HVAC sales and service along with refrigeration and electrical repair. As a relatively new company they have achieved significant growth and now employ 13 people and a very impressive revenue growth with a high potential for future growth.
• Saint Paul Mountain Vineyards. Founded in 2007 and opened for tasting last year, Saint Paul currently employs six part time employees and four full time employees and is well positioned to benefit from the regional growth in the viticulture, brewing and distilling.
• McChristian Dental. The dental company has been providing family dental services since 2012 in Flat Rock. It currently employs three people and have experienced significant growth with continued growth expected.
• Service Today. Established in 2011, Service today provides HVAC, electrical and plumbing sales and service. It employs six full time people and two parttime people and has tripled its revenue over the past year.
Growth Awards went to:
• Mountain Tek Technical Rescue Equipment Inc. Founded in 1995, the company sells search-and-rescue equipment to emergency service organizations across the U.S. Over the past year Mountain Tek has been moving and renovating a new structure in anticipation of future growth and anticipate an increase in revenue of about 15 percent this year.
• United Federal Credit Union. United Federal Credit Union of Fletcher currently employees six people and has increased employment each of the past three years. Over the past year it has increased the money loaned by 43 percent, gross deposits by 29 percent and increased membership increased by 18 percent.
• Hampton Inn. Hampton Inn of Hendersonville employs 22 fulltime and four part-time people. It has experienced significant growth each of the last three years.
• New Dimensions In Pavement Markings Inc. Founded in 1992, the company specializing in pavement marking, sign installation, seal coating, and repairs has increased employees each of the past three years and now employs 20 people. Over that same period it has tripled its revenue.
• Laborde Eye Group. The Hendersonville-based ophthalmology group specializes in macular degeneration and retina specialties and has offices here and in Asheville, Spruce Pine and Burnsville. Expansion has allowed it to grow to 17 fulltime and two parttime with further expansion anticipated.
• Advantage Printing Inc. A commercial printing company founded in 1981, Advantage Printing has grown steadily over the past three years increased staff 16 full time employees.
• Waverly Inn. The 1898 Waverly Inn, which has four fulltime and 10 part-time employees, has
• experienced significant growth each of the last three years.
• All-States Medical Supply Inc. Recently awarded a Competitive Bidding Contract by Medicare, All States is one of 23 companies nationwide able to supply diabetic supplies to the 6 million diabetics in the country. As a result it anticipates doubling employment to about 80 over the next few months.
• LuLu's Consignment Boutique LLC. Founded in 2006, LuLu's has five full-time and 17 part time people at their shop on Hendersonville Road in Fletcher. For each of the past three years the shop has seen double-digit growth and is poised for continued success.
• Hoyle Office Solutions Inc. A local family run business since 1945, Hoyle has increased the number of employees by 33 percent over the past year with a corresponding increase in revenue of about 10 percent while almost doubling its core business area.
• Blue Ridge Lighting Supply Inc. A three-time Blue Ridge Growth Award winner, Blue Ridge is a wholesale commercial and industrial lighting supplier that has increased revenue by about 60 percent.
• Southern Appalachian Brewery. The local craft brewer in the Seventh Avenue Historic District was recognized for its continued growth.