DOT awards contracts to repair I-26 bridges
The N.C. Department of Transportation has awarded $2.75 million in contracts for bridge repairs in Henderson, Polk and Haywood counties.
Astron General Contracting Co. Inc. of Jacksonville won a $1.8 million contract for repairing concrete and steel components of the bridges, replacing bearings and cleaning and painting the steel bridge components of six bridges in Henderson County, three bridges in Polk County and one in Haywood.
The bridges in Henderson County include:
• U.S. 64 over I-26 near Hendersonville
• I-26 West over Southern Railroad near Fletcher
• I-26 East over Southern Railroad near Fletcher
• Both bridges on I-26 over Cane Creek near Fletcher
• I-26 East over Macedonia Road north of Saluda
• N.C. 108 over I-26 in Columbus
• I-26 West over Holbert Cove Road near Saluda
• I-26 East over Holbert Cove Road near Saluda
Work on each bridge can begin as early as May 15 and must be completed within 135 days of the start date, the DOT said in a news release.
The DOT also awarded a $945,230 contact to Adelphi Inc. of Warren, Ohio, for preservation work on the N.C. 191 bridge over the French Broad River in Mills River and three bridges in Haywood County.