Free Daily Headlines


Set your text size: A A A

33-year-old sentenced for burglaries, firearms possession

A 33-year-old Henderson County man was given a sentence of eight to 19 years in prison after pleading guilty to three counts of breaking and entering, two counts of larceny after breaking and entering, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and meeting the statutory requirements of being a habitual offender, District Attorney R. Andrew Murray announced. 

Chief Resident Superior Court Judge Peter Knight sentenced Duane Harold Burgess during a Henderson County Superior Court term Oct. 27-29 to handle probation violations and guilty pleas.

According to court records and the sentencing hearing, the Henderson County sheriff’s investigators developed leads on several Henderson County break-ins through interviews, storage unit surveillance videos and pawn shop video and receipts. As a result of their investigation, they obtained warrants to search the premises where Burgess was staying. The search turned up numerous stolen items along with firearms. A convicted felon, Burgess was ineligible to carry a firearm.
Numerous other felony cases were handled during the administrative session ranging in severity from misdemeanor child abuse, obtaining property by false pretense to felony rafficking in methamphetamine.

In other cases:

  • Kevin Logan, 47, of East Flat Rock, pleaded guilty to trafficking in methamphetamine, possessing a firearm as a convicted felon, and being a habitual offender. Logan received a sentence of eight years seven months to eleven years four months in prison.
  • Nola A. Robinson, 42, of Flat Rock, pleaded guilty to negligent child abuse inflicting serious injury. Robinson received a sentence of 13 months to two years, one month suspended sentence, with 24 months of supervised probation.
  • Ethan Cooper, 27, whose last known address was Hendersonville, pleaded guilty to failing to report his new address as a previously adjudicated sex offender. Cooper received a sentence of 15 months to two years three months in prison.

Murray thanked law officers for their professional investigations, hard work, selfless sacrifices and unwavering commitment to protecting the lives of Henderson County residents.