Free Daily Headlines


Set your text size: A A A

Couple found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning

FLAT ROCK — A Flat Rock couple on Friday morning was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning that investigators attributed to an older model car in their garage.

Sheriff's deputies responding to a health and welfare check found the couple in their home at 126 Cinnamon Way. The victims were identified as Anthony Marino, 47 and Patricia Marino, 51.

The Henderson County Sheriff's Office confirmed both victims died of carbon monoxide poisoning. They appeared to be dead for at least a week and the suspected source of the carbon monoxide was an older model passenger car in the garage. The victims were not located together and no foul play is suspected, the sheriff's office said.