Free Daily Headlines


Set your text size: A A A

City has board openings

The city of Hendersonville has openings on several boards and commissions that serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The city is inviting applications from city residents who might wish to serve on the following boards:

  • BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT (one regular one and an alternate position): The Board of Adjustment is made up of seven City residents (appointed by the City Council) and three members who are residents of the City's extraterritorial jurisdiction (appointed by the Henderson County Board of Commissioners). The Board of Adjustment provides administrative reviews, considers and grants variances to the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance, may grant conditional uses, and may impose minimum standards on certain uses such as animal kennels and bed and breakfasts. All decisions and findings of the Board of Adjustment are final administrative decisions. The Board of Adjustment may also hear appeals from a decision or interpretation of the Zoning Ordinance made by the Zoning Administrator. The Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. Currently the alternate position is open. The alternate position is an important one as it serves to establish a quorum when needed.
  • ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY BOARD: The City Council formed the board to advise the council on preserving our natural resources, reducing energy use, and saving money for our taxpayers. The board meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month at 4 p.m. One seat is open for a city resident.

To get an applications visit, call the City Clerk at 697‐3005 or email Apply by July 28 to be considered for the vacant positions.