Free Daily Headlines


Set your text size: A A A

We could get snow on Thursday

Henderson County could get snow on Thursday, especially in higher elevations, the National Weather Service said.

Snow is likely on Thursday, with an inch or two of accumulation, although snow could be mixed with rain in the lower valleys and east of the Blue Ridge escarpment.

After a 20 percent chance of rain before 2 p.m. today, a chance of snow comes Thursday morning around 7. Chance of precipitation is 70% with new snow accumulation of around an inch possible. Chance of snow diminishes to 30 percent later in the afternoon. 

Friday should be sunny, with a high near 39, the NWS said, and Saturday should warm up to around 50.